Newcastle Lyon Sonvillier Dresden Berlin Petersburg Chita Moscow Helsinki Amsterdam Newcastle

In progress.

Saturday 14 August 2010

Red Ude



Got off the train, both the Finnish and the Russian man came after me to give me the cup I'd left - but which the German had actually borrowed for me. Nice of them.

And I happily found this place on foot from memory of an internet map: although all the dogs round the back streets know me now, coz I didn't come in a quite perfect line. Much scrappier and more like a 'wild east' cowboy dirt street town than the other side of Russia. Feels much more Mongolian, and rather than write turgid dribble I'm gonna wander into the old bit of town having TRIUMPHED in finding my way here alone.

cat's just come for a stroke. 10 pages of now bloody dull war n peace to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment