Newcastle Lyon Sonvillier Dresden Berlin Petersburg Chita Moscow Helsinki Amsterdam Newcastle

In progress.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Travelling through Autumn.



I didn't realise how early Autumn would appear here. It's going to be fantastic travelling back because now instead of just green against green, there will be reds and golds and all that diversity of autumn.
The larches were already yellow and dropping their needles in Mongolia, but crossing the border and getting to Chita really brought it home. These birch are from just above Chita, where I did some cross-country hiking to escape the city.

There's a chill in the air now in Irkutsk and I won't be going out again in just a T-shirt, perhaps for another 6 months or so ...

Autumn is also the season of good gigs and what I most look forward to in Newcastle. However, I am still dithering over whether or not to delay my ticket a few days in order to see a punk gig here.

Autumn is also mushroom season back home. To honour this, I bought some actually pretty fantastic mushroom-shaped biscuits on the chita-irkutsk train. I don't think I'll be home in time to do the annual mushroom hunts with Gordon Beakes, but I certainly look forward to an autonomous one.


No comments:

Post a Comment